The Department of Anesthesia at Trinity Health is a highly integrated, collaborative group of anesthesia providers, dedicated to ensuring expertise in the anesthetic management of patients of all ages.
The team provides the following services.
- General Anesthesia – Suppresses the central nervous system to the extent that a patient is unconscious without any perception of pain or other sensation.
- Regional Anesthesia – Suppresses pain in an isolated body part, such as a limb, by blocking the transmission of nerve signals from the surgical site to the central nervous system. The patient may be sedated to promote comfort and reduce anxiety.
- Local Anesthesia – Introduces an anesthetic or numbing agent to a small part of the body.
- Sedation – Involves administration of calming medicines to promote comfort and reduce anxiety, usually to enable a surgical or medical procedure.
- Pre-Operative Consultation and Anesthesia Planning – Provides individualized anesthesia care based on a patient’s medical history and preferences.
- Management of Post-Operative Pain – Involves administration of medications to reduce pain and facilitate rehabilitative therapies.