Trinity Health is committed to providing the best care possible according to your providers' recommendations. However, patient care is most effective when patients are familiar with their rights and responsibilities.
As a patient, you have a right to:
- Access to care, treatment, and services
- Respect and dignity, as well as personal safety and security
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Informed consent
- Pastoral care and other spiritual services
- Refusal of treatment
- Information about continuing care upon discharge
As a patient, you have a responsibility to:
- Actively participate in your own healthcare
- Provide complete information to your doctor and staff about your health
- Follow instructions given by your healthcare team
- Respect privacy of others
- Provide information necessary for insurance processing and make timely payment for healthcare services
- Keep appointments
Discrimination is Against the Law
Trinity Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Trinity Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Trinity Health Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as: Qualified interpreters
If you need these services, please call the main Trinity Health phone number: 701-857-5000; TDD 1-800-366-6889 and our operators will connect you with someone who will assist you.
If you believe that Trinity Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with Corporate Compliance, PO Box 5020, Minot, ND 58702; phone: 701-857-5207.You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, Corporate Compliance is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at:
or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.