How Do I Transfer Or Request Copies Of My Medical Records?
To obtain your medical records you must submit a completed Release of Information form. You must be 18 years of age or the parent or legal guardian of a minor patient or have some other legal authority to request a medical record.
Please follow these instructions to ensure smooth processing of your request:
- Download and fill out the Release of Information form as completely as you can.
- Be sure to include both the name and address that you would like your records released to.
- Be specific as you can about the type of information that you would like released (e.g. specific dates of service, specific treatment, just your immunizations, etc).
- The authorization form must include a signature, date, and time on the bottom of the form.
- For any mental health, chemical dependency, or HIV/Aids results to be released, the signature box in the center of the first page must be checked and signed.
- Please mail, fax, email, or drop-off the authorization form to the Trinity Health Release of Information Department. See the right side of the page for details.
- There is a charge for copies of medical records for personal use. You may call the phone number listed to the right for the fee, or download the Medical Records Pricing Information PDF.
- Payment options: credit card, cash, check or money order.
Where Should I Send My Release Of Information?
PO BOX 5020
Minot, ND 58702
NOTE: Trinity Health does not accept electronic signatures
PHONE NUMBER: (701) 857-5390
FAX NUMBER: (701) 857-5778
Trinity Hospital – St. Joseph’s
407 3rd Street
Minot, ND 58701
Take the main elevator to 3rd floor.
How Do I Obtain A Copy Of My Birth Certificate?
A Birth Certificate is issued from the ND State Department of Vital Statistics website found here:
- North Dakota Department of Health Vital Records: ndhealth.gov/vital/birth.htm
You may also call them at (701) 328-2360 or write to them for more information at:
ND State Department of Health
Division of Vital Records
600 East Blvd Ave
Bismarck, ND 58505-0200