Trinity Health offers secure online bill pay for our customers. Our online billing features include:
- View and pay multiple statements
- Two-factor authentication process for your security
- Prompt pay discount calculated on your balances that qualify
- Receive email or text messages when a bill is available.
- No additional fees for processing your payments
- Setup automatic payments
Please feel free to call Trinity Business Services at 701-857-5105 or 1-800-477-1046 with any questions.
If you don’t have health insurance through a job, Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source that provides qualifying health coverage, the Marketplace can help you get coverage.
North Dakota Health Insurance Marketplace
When You Will Receive Your Bill
For insured patients, statements are generated after insurance has processed and there is a balance remaining that is due from the patient. For uninsured patients, statements will be generated as soon as the charges are billed to your account during your normal billing cycle. The status of your account will be noted on each statement.
Depending on the type of service provided at Trinity Health, you may receive more than one statement. The statements will come from Trinity Health and/or Trinity Medical Group. If you receive services at Trinity Kenmare Hospital, you will receive a separate statement for those services.
Your first statement will represent an itemization of charges for services provided. After the initial itemized statement if there is a balance due, you will receive notice (s) or additional statements requesting payment which will show a balance forward. Some of the notices will be in letter format.
You may be eligible for a PROMPT PAY DISCOUNT if you pay your initial statement balance in full within 30 days of the statement date. The PROMPT PAY DISCOUNT is not offered on the notice (s) that is sent after the initial statement.
If you use our online bill pay portal, the prompt pay discount will be offered when appropriate. If you do not use our online portal and want to receive the prompt pay discount, please contact Business Services at (800)477-1046 or 701-857-5105. Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00am-5:00pm CST.
How to Read your Statements
Trinity Health Clinic Statement
Know Your Benefits
Be aware of your particular insurance plan coverage and the co-pay requirement of your health insurance plan. Trinity Health cannot predict which services be covered by individual health plans. Some health plans could limit payments to “usual, customary and reasonable payment.” We do not accept payment limitations from insurance companies with whom we do not participate or have contractual arrangements. Your employer or insurance agent can provide you with coverage information. Details on Medicare benefits are available at your local Social Security office or online at https://www.medicare.gov/.
Insurance approvals: Pre-certification and prior authorizations.
Your Trinity provider will decide which procedures, tests and other consultations you may need. However, many health plans require pre-certification and sometimes predetermination of medical necessity prior to care being rendered. In addition, some services may not be a covered benefit of some insurance plans. Investigating coverage requirements and limits can take up to six weeks, and some services require pre-certification staff to supply photos and medical necessity information to the insurance company.
As an example, services that may require pre-certification include outpatient and inpatient hospital services, observation services, invasive procedures, CT, MRI and PET scans, and colonoscopies. Each insurance company has different requirements so the list above is not inclusive but only an example.
Patients are responsible for knowing the pre-certification requirements of their health plans. Trinity Health highly recommends that you contact your insurance company to determine benefits and coverage for Trinity Health locations at which you plan to be seen.
- Managed care plans such as health maintenance organizations (HMO’s) and preferred provider organizations (PPO’s) may deny or reduce benefits if care is obtained outside of the established network or authorization of the plan.
- Patients’ health plans that require prior authorization or pre—certification may provide only a reduced insurance payment if not previously authorized. In such cases, the patient will be financially responsible for more (possibly all) of the provided services.
- A pre-service deposit may be required for non-authorized visits.
- To avoid paying a pre-service deposit or experiencing either denial of payment of reduction of benefits, Trinity Health highly recommends that you contact your insurance carrier prior to services to determine plan requirements or limitations and out of pocket expenses to receiving care at the Trinity Health site at which you will receive services. Some insurance companies require the current procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and diagnosis codes (ICD10) when you call. You can obtain these from the Trinity Health providers office.
Bring Your Insurance Cards & Photo ID
Bring your insurance cards and photo id/Driver’s License with you each time you come to Trinity Health for any service. Co-payment is expected at the time of your visit.
Zero Interest Patient Financing – As a benefit to our patients, the ClearBalance HealthCare® program is a patient-friendly payment option to help you pay your cost of service with Trinity Health. The program is a zero-interest revolving credit account with flexible payment terms. Use the ClearBalance HealthCare program to manage your out-of-pocket expenses, including deductibles and insurance copayments, for care at any of the Trinity Health facilities. Call us for more information: 701-857-5105
ClearBalance HealthCare offers you peace-of-mind
- Zero-interest credit account for your services at Trinity Health facilities
- No credit check
- Combine all of your family’s medical bills at Trinity Health into one monthly statement and one manageable monthly payment
- Convenience to manage and view your account online at myclearbalance.com
Revolving credit accounts are offered by Western Alliance Bank, member FDIC. ClearBalance HealthCare is a registered service mark of CSI Financial Services, LLC, which provides certain account servicing functions for the bank.
Financial Arrangement Guidelines
If you have health insurance coverage or Medicare, Trinity Health will file a claim to the appropriate payer for you, providing you have supplied us with all of the necessary insurance information.
At the time of service, you will be expected to pay your required co-pay. If you do not have insurance, you will be expected to make a down payment at the time of service. You will receive a billing statement for any remaining balance.
If you have no insurance, or after insurance benefits have been paid, it is expected that you pay the amount due (which could include deductibles, coinsurance, and other services not covered by your insurance plan) upon receipt of your statement.
If you do not have the financial ability to pay within the guidelines stated above, please call our Business Services Representative at 701-857-5105 or toll free at 800-477-1046 so we can determine if you qualify for alternative payment arrangements. Trinity Cares Financial Assistance forms and information can also be found online at: https://www.trinityhealth.org/trinity-health-billing/financial-assistance/.
Where to Call for Billing and Payment Questions
If you have any questions about your Statements, please call the number provided on your statement or letter.