Coping with a mental health disorder or addiction can feel overwhelming and concerning, and it’s normal to feel hesitant or even fearful about reaching out for help. Your behavioral health plays a critical role in every aspect of your life, so it’s important to get the care you need so you can feel your best.
Our addiction and behavioral health specialists offer compassionate, non-judgmental care to treat all mental health disorders — such as anxiety, depression, mood disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder — and addiction. They are dedicated to guiding you through whatever challenges you’re facing and giving you the tools you need to live a fulfilling life.
Why Choose Trinity Health?
We know that deciding to seek help for a mental health disorder and addiction is a big step. We believe that once you’ve taken that step forward, you deserve to have a care team to lean on — one that takes an individualized approach to your care and listens to you and believes in you. We offer:
- Inpatient care: We are the only inpatient mental health facility in northwest North Dakota. We deliver 24/7 mental health care to those who need it.
- Care for kids: Our facility is the only one in northwest North Dakota that works with children and adolescents of all ages and that offers partial hospitalization for children as young as five years old. Our Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization program combines teaching and therapy to help modify their behavior and process and express emotions.
- Hospital-based addiction treatment: We offer the only hospital-based addiction program west of Bismarck and north of Dickinson. This includes the only medical detoxification services, which involve around-the-clock care from a healthcare provider.
- Advanced diagnostic testing: We offer the GeneSight Psychotropic test to understand what medications may be right for you, based on how your body metabolizes and responds to them. Your doctor will collect a sample of your genetic material by swabbing the inside of your cheek and send the sample to a laboratory for testing.
- Advanced treatments: Our program is the first in North Dakota to offer inpatient and outpatient transcranial magnetic stimulation to treat major depressive disorder in adults who haven’t noticed an improvement from antidepressant medication. We also offer electroconvulsive therapy to treat depression that is severe or hasn’t improved with medication, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, severe mania, catatonia and aggressive behavior in those with dementia.
- Team approach to care: Our diverse team specialists from various fields of behavioral health come together to provide an all-around approach to treating mental health disorders and addiction. Specialists in our inpatient and partial hospitalization programs meet daily to discuss all cases, and specialists in our outpatient and Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization program meet weekly.
- Collaboration: To ensure that we meet all of your physical, emotional and spiritual needs, we work with Trinity Health specialists from multiple areas of medicine. We collaborate with specialists from physical and occupational therapy, nutrition services, pastoral care and social services.
- Fully integrated care: As part of a hospital, we offer the full range of medical services you may need while undergoing treatment. We have an in-house laboratory, imaging and dialysis suites and access to other services, such as physical therapy, nutrition counseling and diabetes education.
- Eased access: While a physician referral isn’t necessary, our electronic referral management program makes the process easy and gets you in for an appointment sooner.
- Culture of advancement: Our behavioral health specialists play an important role in teaching tomorrow’s doctors, which challenges them to continue to deliver the latest high-quality care. They provide training to University of North Dakota School of Medicine – Northwest Campus students, who complete a psychiatry rotation.