The Mission of Trinity Hospital School of Radiologic Technology is to provide quality education in the art and science of radiologic technology.
PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT:
The Mission of Trinity Hospital School of Radiologic Technology is to provide quality education in the art and science of radiologic technology. The program is designed to prepare knowledgeable entry-level radiographers and graduate competent professionals who are ready to demonstrate high clinical and technical competence in serving their patients, the healthcare community and the profession.
PROGRAM GOALS AND STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Goal: Students will demonstrate clinical competency.
- Students will apply knowledge of the principles of x-ray production and demonstrate competency in operating related equipment.
- Students will apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and positioning to accurately demonstrate structures in radiologic exams.
- Students will practice/apply appropriate radiation protection.
Goal: Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make decisions and use independent judgment.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to determine proper exposure factors for optimum radiographic quality and maintain radiation protection concepts.
- Students will evaluate the quality of images.
Goal: Student will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Student will demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with patients and healthcare staff.
- Students will provide patient education related to radiographic procedures and radiation protection.
Goal: Students will demonstrate professional development.
- Student will demonstrate professional, ethical behavior as a radiographer.
- Student will demonstrate understanding of healthcare organizational structure, principles of communication and human interaction in the medical domain.
- Students will prepare to enter the profession as a Registered Radiographer committed to professional development.
The radiologic technology program has the capacity to accept 4–6 students per year. The school does not admit transfer students, offer advance placement or accommodate part time students.
Contact Trinity Hospital School of Radiologic Technology
P.O. Box 5020, Minot, ND 58702-5020
Phone: (701) 857-5620
or e-Mail: Amy.Hofmann@trinityhealth.org