Nursing Careers at Trinity Health
Trinity Health works with a large nursing staff to support our many programs and services.
- Acute Care Nursing
- Heart & Vascular Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Trauma Nursing
- Neurology Nursing
- Oncology Nursing
- Perioperative & OR Nursing
- Psychiatry Nursing
- Clinic & Specialty Services
- Woman & Infant Nursing
- Pediatrics Nursing
To be a Trinity Health nurse, you must be committed to the patients and residents we serve, to lifelong learning, to clinical excellence, and to our community! Our mission is to excel at meeting the needs of the whole person through the provision of quality healthcare and health related services. We are looking for more nurses to join our growing team and would love to talk to you about opportunities!
Trinity Health offers paid nursing intern opportunities for students throughout the hospitals and clinics for RN students who have completed their junior year in an accredited RN program. Student nurses will work under a preceptor and are able to perform any duties that have been covered in school (e.g., passing meds, etc.). We try to place students in areas of interest to them. Student nurses follow the schedule of their preceptor. We offer flexible start/end dates through the summer, generally between June-August. Please speak with the Nurse Recruiter at 701-857-5126 for additional details.
If you have questions, or need assistance applying, contact Trinity’s Human Resource office at 701-857-5191.
For more information about available nursing scholarships visit the Trinity Health Foundation website.
NURSING UNIT DESCRIPTIONS
SURGICAL UNIT (4E)
- Beds 37; General surgery patients such as cholecystectomies, hernia repairs, appendectomies and bowel resections. Trauma patients, patients requiring extensive wound care and general medical patients.
MEDICAL UNIT (5E)
- Beds 37; Types of patients: GI, respiratory, cardiac, diabetes, stroke and overflow of surgical and ortho patients. Challenging and fast-paced unit!
ORTHO/NEURO UNIT (6E)
- Beds 36; Types of patients: Orthopedic patients – traumas, sports injuries, fractures; Oncology – chemotherapy administration; CVA – neurosurgery, traumas and general medical patients; Joint Replacement Center – 11 beds for total hips and total knees.
- Estimated 1,700 births annually; 7 birthing rooms and 1 c-section suite; Maternal transport; Prior nursing experience required. Requires: BLS, NRP, Fetal Monitoring certification. ACLS, PALS preferred.
- Beds 36; Couplet care and GYN post-op, women’s health patients; Lactation consultant on staff to assist breastfeeding mothers. Requires BLS and NRP.
- Beds 17; Patients from 3 days to 18+ years of age.
- Beds12; Types of patients: premature neonates, sepsis, respiratory, neonatal transport. Requires: BLS, NRP, prior NICU experience. ACLS preferred.
- Beds 19; Types of patients: cardiovascular, trauma, neurosurgery, pediatric, orthopedic, medical, surgical; Requires: ACLS, PALS, TNCC and BLS, preferably with 1 year experience.
PROGRESSIVE CARE UNIT
- Beds 10; Step-Down Unit to ICU, moderate to critical care patients; Requires: BLS and ACLS.
- Estimated 30,000 emergency room visits annually; Beds:13; Staffed with MD, Midlevel provider, RN, Paramedics, Techs, WS; Requires: BLS, ACLS, PALS. TNCC and SANE preferred.
NORTHSTAR CRITICAIR HELICOPTER
- Established in 1992, Trinity transports an estimated 350 patients annually within a 150-mile radius.
NORTHSTAR CRITICAIR FIXED WING
- Established in 2015, NorthStar’s flight program has the ability to provide critical care transports from Trinity to hospitals nationwide.
- Beds: 6 recovery beds, 5 pre-op beds. Requires: BLS, ACLS, PALS and Trauma Certification.
- 8 operating rooms and approximately 7,000 surgeries annually; Staffed with a team of Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, CRNAs, RNs, Surgical Techs & CNAs; Surgical Specialties: daVinci Robotic Surgery, Cardiovascular/Thoracic, ENT, Urology, Neurosurgery, OB/GYN, Orthopedics, Hand Surgery, Plastics, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial.
SAME DAY SURGERY
- Same Day Surgery at the main hospital has 16 cubicles that contain recliners. All elective surgeries, regardless of patient level of care or age, will start their surgical experience in this area. The unit is staffed with RNs (BLS required) and is open Monday through Friday 5 am-8:30 pm.
TRINITY HOSPITAL – ST. JOSEPH’S
- 20 bed inpatient rehabilitation, KDU with 10 private rooms, Same Day Surgery – approximately 4,100 surgeries annually, with 4 operating rooms and PACU/ Recovery; 26-Bed Acute Inpatient Adult/ Adolescent Mental Health, 33 Bed Residential and Adult/Adolescent Outpatient Addiction Services.
- Radiation & Medical Oncology/Hematology services, Two linear accelerators; Infusion suite with 18 private chairs; Wide range of infusions to include chemotherapy, assorted IV therapies, phlebotomies, and blood transfusions; Requires CPR certification; Oncology experience strongly preferred; OCN certification preferred.
- 230 Skilled Nursing Home beds and 7 Nursing Units taking a variety of skill levels, plus 1 Memory Care Unit.
- Positions for RNs and LPNs in primary care and multi-specialty clinics for over 100 providers in Minot and surrounding communities including Oral Facial, GI and General Outpatient Surgery Centers.