Do you have personal resident space?
- Our resident has a designated office with a desk, computer, phone, and other essential items. The office is located within the pharmacy department on the first floor of the acute care tower.
What research projects are required to complete?
- Residents are required to complete a research project during their 52-week experience. An abstract for the project will be presented at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. The results of the project will be presented at the Midwest Pharmacy Residency Conference in May at Omaha Nebraska.
- We believe that residents can learn a great deal when identifying potential research project topics. Therefore, the resident will work to identify the project topic with oversight by the Residency Program Director (RPD) and Residency Advisory Committee (RAC). If the resident is unable to identify a meaningful topic, assistance by the RPD and RAC will be provided.
What are your staffing requirements?
- Typical hours will consist of 8-hour shifts between 7:00am-3:30pm. Some staffing shifts will include evening hours, which occur between 2:00pm-10:30pm.
- Staffing shall include one shift per pay period (every two weeks) and one weekend per month.
- The first half of the year will consist of clinical weekend duties with assistance and the second half shall include successful staffing of other pharmacy shifts. Sufficient progress will be determined through routine (usually monthly), assessment by the RAC.
- Residents will gradually progress to full independence throughout the course of the 52 weeks.
- Residents will have holidays off unless specifically requested to work. Recognized holidays include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.