You can ask yourself the questions below to see if you might be at risk for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma. If you do answer "yes" to any of these questions, please talk to your doctor.
COPD Risk Assessment
- In the past 4 weeks have you felt short of breath?
- Do you ever cough up phlegm, mucus, or “stuff”?
- Do you take part in fewer activities (cleaning, baking, walking, etc.) because of your breathing?
- Have you smoked at least 100 cigarettes in your lifetime?
Asthma Risk Assessment
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have tightness of the chest?
- Do you cough?
- Do you wheeze?