Audiology is the study of hearing, balance, and related conditions. Audiologists are healthcare professionals who use technology, creative problem solving and social skills to identify and treat those conditions. At Trinity Health, our specialists combine cutting-edge science with compassionate care to help children and adults strengthen their communication skills.
Why Choose Trinity Health?
Trinity Health audiologists understand that each case of hearing loss is unique. They use the latest American Academy of Audiology recommended procedures to diagnose and treat hearing disorders and create personalized treatment plans for each patient and their loved ones.
Our audiologists can:
- Administer age-appropriate hearing tests.
- Recommend hearing solutions for all levels of hearing loss and a variety of listening situations.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot any make or model of hearing aid.
- Offer each patient objective information about the performance of their hearing aids, regardless of where or how the hearing aids were purchased.
- Access the latest digital hearing aid technology from a variety of hearing aid manufacturers.
- Determine cochlear implant candidacy and program cochlear implant processors.
- Determine osseo-integrated device candidacy and program those devices.
- Evaluate balance/dizziness concerns.
- Offer management options for tinnitus.
Conditions We Treat
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Balance Disorder
- Hearing Loss
- Sudden Hearing Loss
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
Tests and Procedures
- Behavioral Hearing Tests
- Communication Needs Assessment
- Electrophysiological Tests
- Hearing Aid Fitting and Maintenance
- Immittance Tests
- Otoacoustic Emission Tests
- Cochlear Implant Support
- Osseo-integrated device Support
Walk-In Services Offered:
- Device cleaning: Audiology assistants provide a thorough cleaning of hearing devices and earmolds using the Jodi-Pro suction tool. Every cleaning includes a cycle through our state-of-the-art ReDux dryer to remove moisture that may be trapped deep within your hearing aid. Every cleaning is finished with a listening check that verifies the device is working to meet your needs.
- Device troubleshooting and repair: If your device is not working properly, we will try to diagnose the problem. If possible, the device will be repaired in the clinic. If on-site repairs are not available, the device can also be sent into the manufacturer for repair.
- Bluetooth pairing: Our team will help you connect the hearing aids to your smartphone.
- Supplies and accessories: The audiology assistants can help you find the correct supplies that suit your hearing device. Our clinic sells batteries, wax guards, domes, cleaning tools and other accessories. We can also recase your device if it’s cracked or has a broken battery door.
- Tubing change: Patients with an earmold that utilizes tubing can have a tubing change at any time.
- Custom device modification: Our team can modify earmolds and other custom hearing devices to give you a more comfortable fit.
Meet Our Specialist
Trinity Health’s team of providers brings the highest level of professional training to our patients. Each member earned a Doctor of Audiology (AuD) degree and is skilled in all aspects of testing and diagnosing hearing disorders.