Visitor Information Updated October 2022
Trinity Health recognizes contact with family and friends is an important aspect of patient care and visits are encouraged. Please see the below guidance regarding visitation:
- Visiting hours are 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- All visitors must check in and obtain a visitor badge.
- Visitors could be denied access if currently or have recently been ill or in close contact with a contagious disease.
- Masks are optional, but may be required in certain areas as outlined below. Masks are required if symptomatic.
- Visitors will utilize hand hygiene when entering and exiting a patient room.
- Patients are requested to identify one contact person for communication with the medical team.
- For patients having surgery or procedures prior to visiting hours, staff will follow the visitor exceptions list in the Visitation Guidelines Policy.
Trinity Hospital Visitor Policy Guidelines
|Two (2) visitors at a time, per patient.||Children under the age of 18 must always be accompanied by an adult.||EXCEPTION: The Emergency Trauma Center will allow 1-2 family/support persons as space and patient care allows.|
|Lobbies and Waiting Rooms||Lobbies and waiting areas are open to visitors and mobile patients.||ICU and SDS waiting areas are reserved for visitors of patients in those areas only.|
|Cafeteria||Cafeteria is open to visitors. Vending machines are available in cafeteria area after hours.|
|Outside Food||Allowed to be brought in as a visitor.||Allowed for patients dependent on individual diet restrictions.||Outside food delivery is permitted for patients or visitors. Must be retrieved at the South or ETC entrance.|
|Overnight Visitors||Family may be allowed based on condition of patient, judgement of the nurse, and Administrator and Director On Call approval.||EXCEPTION: Semi private rooms do not allow overnight visitors if both beds are occupied.||EXCEPTION: Isolation, ICU and Behavioral Health patients may not allow overnight visitors in the room.|
|Spiritual Leaders||Spiritual Leaders are a part of Hospital services and can be contacted by going through Trinity Health Communications (857-5000). You are welcome to have visitation from your own church or affiliation. Spiritual Leaders are allowed in addition to the 2 visitors per patient.|
|End of Life||Exceptions can be requested for additional visitors. Cultural and religious exceptions will also be considered. Please see Nursing staff for more information.|
|Women and Children||There are exceptions for birthing rooms, newborn, pediatrics and NICU. Please see Nursing staff for more information. Additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including masks, may be required depending on patient situations.|
|Behavioral Health Units||Visiting hours in the Behavioral Health Units may vary by program. Please consult Nursing staff in the individual units.|
|Isolation Patients||Please reference additional information regarding guidelines when visiting a patient in isolation rooms. Additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required depending on condition of patient and area of hospital you are visiting. Please see Nursing staff for more information.|