3rd Annual Fuel the Fight Event
Trinity Health Foundation will host its third annual Fuel the Fight fundraiser on September 11th at the Dakota Square Arco.
Funds raised from the event will be used to provide prepaid gas vouchers to assist patients with transportation costs to and from their oncology treatments.
In 2019, most patients seen at Trinity CancerCare Center traveled at least 100 miles to receive treatment at Trinity CancerCare Center, including seven percent of patients who travel 200 miles or more roundtrip to receive services. Fuel the Fight was first held in October 2018, and each year, more than $20,000 was raised at each event.
The event will include different fundraisers, all going toward assisting cancer patients. Once again, there will be a prize of free fuel for a year - $50 in gas per week for 52 weeks. To get a ticket for this drawing, an individual must purchase eight or more gallons of gasoline and then show their receipt at the counter. A percentage of purchases from the Dakota Square Arco, including fuel and merchandise in the store, the day of the event will also be donated to the cause.
A dunk tank will be set up from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., where participants can be dunked; those participants include Coach Scott Eul, Minot State University Baseball Coach; Perry Olson, First International Bank & Trust; Jeffrey Verhey, MD, Trinity Health Foundation Board chairman; and Shane Jordan, director of Trinity CancerCare Center.
Raffle tickets can also be purchased for $10 each or five for $40 for the following prizes:
- 20 Walt Disney World Park Hopper Passes ($3,780)
- Camp Chef Vertical Pellet Smoker and Pit Boss Natural Gas Portable Outdoor Griddle ($900)
- Sound Bar from the Stereo Shop ($700)
- Water and a cooler to use for a year from Morelli’s ($675)
- Flower of the Month for a year from Flower Central ($600)
- Bedliner and gift card from Tuff Trucks ($575)
- Firepit, Cooler (with drinks) and Corn Hole set from Coca Cola ($550)
- Two prints from Bill Brien, Bountiful REIs ($550)
- Sabre Dogs 2021 Season Tickets and Memorabilia ($350)
- Remote Starter from Too Dark Motorsports ($325)
- R&R Retreat with Pedicure from Lor Spa ($215)
- Autographed NDSU Football ($150)
- Patriot Cooler from Verendrye ($150)
- Autographed UND Hockey Jersey ($75)