Top Five Tips to Protect Your Baby
- A firm mattress and fitted sheet are all you need for your baby’s crib. Remove blankets and toys.
- Learn to use your child’s car seat the right way.
- Make sure you have both a working smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm on every level of your home, and in all sleeping areas. Test the alarms to make sure they work.
- Place your baby’s crib and other furniture away from windows and blinds. Your baby is safer without any strings or cords within reach.
- Set your water heater to 120F to avoid scalds.