A possible exposure from an unknown source caused about a dozen healthcare personnel at Trinity Health Hospital to be evaluated for assorted symptoms.
The incident began early today as nursing staff on the hospital’s 3rd floor reported feeling nauseous and dizzy. All were evaluated in the Emergency Trauma Center. None were admitted.
The Minot Fire Department and Montana Dakota Utilities were contacted to investigate. Although there was some concern that a gas leak might be the culprit, sensors placed throughout the area found nothing unusual that could have caused the exposure. All readings were normal.
The area of concern was limited to a small section of the hospital’s 3rd floor. As a precautionary measure, patients and staff in the Pediatric Unit were temporarily relocated to other units. Patients on all floors of the hospital continue to be monitored.
The on-site inspection by the Fire Department and MDU was completed with no conclusive result. Since 10:30 this morning, there have been no additional reports of patients, staff or visitors experiencing symptoms. All systems in the affected area will continue to be monitored for clues.