Trinity Health recently held its annual ServiceFIRST Awards Ceremony which celebrates employees, nominated by their peers, for outstanding effort and excellence in four categories. The ceremony is hosted by the Great Place to Work team, a subcommittee focused on enhancing job satisfaction through engagement and participation. The Great Place to Work team plans activities for all Trinity employees and their families throughout the year to include the Trunk or Treat, the annual Employee Picnic and various other programs.
The ServiceFIRST awards are divided into four categories and nominees are selected by their peers through an internal survey, which are then voted on blindly by the Great Place to Work team members. This year there were over 120 nominations for the awards as well as an additional award presented by the Patient and Family Experience team. There are four winners from each category.
The award categories are:
- The ServiceFIRST Excellence Award. This award goes to four employees who embody a strength of character, competence, passion, pride and commitment to their job.
- The Visionary Award. This award goes to four employees who use creative thinking to build a pathway for the development and implementation of new processes that contribute to quality patient care and excellent patient outcomes.
- The Novice to Expert Award. This award honors four employees who demonstrate leadership and contribute energy, commitment and dedication to their profession.
- The Making More Possible Award. This award honors four employees who consistently embrace new ways of transforming healthcare, who seek improvement in situations, and who don’t say “no”, but rather ask “how.”
Another category award that is presented to teams rather than individuals, is the Outstanding Team/Committee Award. The award honors a team or committee that demonstrates the meaning of “Making More Possible.” This group exemplifies exceptional teamwork and recognizes the value of interdisciplinary practice and strives to provide the highest quality of care which aligns with Trinity Health’s mission, vision and values.
This year’s ceremony was held for the first time at the new Healthcare Campus and Medical District’s Prairie Rose Conference Center and was sponsored by Town and Country Credit Union. The winners are listed below:
ServiceFIRST Excellence Award:
- Darcy Johnson, Surgical Unit
- George Wilson, Hospitalist
- Judith Gullickson, Foundation Guest House
- Lori Armstrong, Nutrition Services
- Abigail Quenzer, Hospital Medical Unit
- Abigail Smith, Hospital Medical Unit
- Day Grogan, First Response Air
- Morgan Stamp, EKG Technician
Novice to Expert:
- Elliott Leinen, Administration
- Gregory Davis, Ultrasound Technologist
- Kyle Schmidt, Hospital Medical Unit
- Lindsay Baker, Surgical Nursing
Making More Possible:
- Jessica Leon, Hospital Medical Unit
- Leah Mayer, Surgical Unit
- Ralf Randall Valencia, Recruiting
- Richard Kloster, Recruiting
- Sherry Melby, Kenmare Clinic Lab
Outstanding Team or Committees:
- Case Management Team
- Emergency Trauma Center
- Information Technology Services
- Health Information Management
Congratulations to all nominees and winners, Trinity Health would like to extend a sincere thank you for your dedication and work to sustaining and improving a constant state of excellent patient care!