Amid concerns about the possible spread of influenza and COVID-19 virus, Trinity Health has implemented visitor restrictions at Trinity Hospital and Trinity Hospital – St. Joseph’s in Minot.
Karen Zimmerman, Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President of Patient Care, says the following restrictions are in place, effective today.
- Visitation is confined to immediate family members only.
- Immediate family members that have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath are restricted from visiting.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit.
- Individual departments may require additional restrictions based upon patient population.
“We appreciate the community’s cooperation as we impose these restrictions,” Zimmerman said. “We apologize for the inconvenience to family members and friends, but these measures are a necessary precaution to protect our patients, staff, and community to help prevent the spread of influenza and COVID-19.”
Zimmerman says hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette are some of the best ways to avoid illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching the face including eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are sick.
The visitor restrictions are in effect until further notice and may change as Trinity Health monitors the spread of illness.