Patients receiving treatment at Trinity CancerCare Center can rest assured that they have access to the latest therapies and state-of-the-art care.
Radiation Oncology includes:
- A dedicated CT scanner with 4D capabilities
- Physics & treatment planning
- Two linear accelerators of various energies both equipped with multi-leaf collimators
- On-board imaging capabilities and 3D/IMRT/Dynamic Arc treatments
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) & Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) programs
- Varian single database record and verify system (ARIA)
- XOFT Axxent High Dose Rate (HDR) system for treatment of surface and gynecological treatments
- VisionRT surface mapping system to track intra-fractional motion
Simulations are performed utilizing a Philips Brilliance Big Bore CT scanner equipped with Tumor Localization software. Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), Dynamic Arc (RapidArc), and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) treatment planning is done utilizing the Varian Eclipse planning system. The Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) planning is done by the BrainLab iPlan treatment planning system. These treatments are all delivered using Varian linear accelerators equipped with on-board imaging capabilities and with both photon and electron treatment capabilities. Molded cerrobend blocks are constructed as needed for photon and electron treatments. Brachytherapy treatment plans are developed and performed utilizing our XOFT Axxent HDR treatment system.