A nurse practitioner, Janet Maxson, FNP-C, PhD, provides primary healthcare services for adults and adolescents, with a special focus on women’s health.
– Master’s degree, UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences
– Bachelor of Science in Nursing
– More than 20 years primary care and women’s health experience
– Past national board member, American Heart Association
– 2000 recipient, AHA’s Cardiovascular Leadership Award
Family Medicine is a primary healthcare specialty concerned with preventing, diagnosing and treating a wide variety of ailments in patients of all ages, incorporating training in Surgery, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics and Geriatric Medicine. It is based on knowledge of the patient in the context of family history and the surrounding community.