Patient Information | Patient Release

Trinity Health:

Release of Information

How Do I Transfer Or Request Copies Of My Medical Records?

To obtain your medical records you must submit a completed Release of Information form. You must be 18 years of age or the parent or legal guardian of a minor patient or have some other legal authority to request a medical record. Please follow these instructions to ensure smooth processing of your request:

Fill out the form as completely as you can.

Be sure to include both the name and address that you would like your records released to.

Be specific as you can about the type of information that you would like released (e.g. specific dates of service, specific treatment, just your immunizations, etc).

The authorization must be signed and dated on the bottom of the form.

For any mental health, chemical dependency, or HIV/Aids results to be released the signature box in the center/right side must be checked and signed.

Please mail authorization to the appropriate Trinity Health location. See below for details.

There is a charge for copies of medical records for personal use. You may call the phone number listed below for the fee.

Payment options: cash, check or money order.

Click here to download Release of Information Form

Where Should I Send My Release Of Information?

Trinity Health
Attn: ROI PO BOX 5020
Minot, ND 58702


Trinity Hospital - St. Joseph's
407 3rd Street
Minot, ND 58701
Take the main elevator to 3rd floor.

PHONE NUMBER: 701-857-5390
FAX NUMBER: 701-857-5778

How Do I Obtain A Copy Of My Birth Certificate?

A Birth Certificate is issued from the ND State Vital Statistics site with an email address of:

You may also call them at (701)328-2360 or write to them for more information at:

ND State Department of Health

Division of Vital Records
600 East Blvd Ave
Bismarck, ND 58505-0200