Medical Specialties: Neurology
Neurology is a medical specialty dealing with disorders of the nervous system. Specifically, it deals with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of disease involving the central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous systems, including their coverings, blood vessels, and all effector tissue, such as muscle. The corresponding surgical specialty is neurosurgery. We work with patients, their families, primary providers and other specialists to improve the quality of health to the people we serve!
What does a Neurologist do?
A neurologist is a physician who specializes in neurology, and is trained to investigate, or diagnose and treat neurological disorders. Pediatric neurologists treat neurological disease in children. Neurologists may also be involved in clinical research, clinical trials, as well as basic research and translational research.
- General Neurology
- Neuropathics, e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome, peripheral neuropathy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Alzheimer's disease, dementia
- Movement disorders, e.g., Parkinson's disease, tremors
- Chronic headache
- Sleep Apnea / Sleep Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis & other muscle diseases
- Botox for chronic migraines, dystonia torticollis, spasticity
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Bells Palsy