The goal of this one-day symposium is to provide participants with an up-to-date overview of the care and management of some of the more common, but challenging adult and pediatric cardiac conditions.
1. Discuss the classification, signs and symptoms of acute coronary syndrome, and identify the components of a workup.
2. Discuss the care and management of patients with atrial fibrillation and congestive heart failure.
3. Identify the indications for and components of various cardiac diagnostic procedures and a cardiac rehab follow-up.
4. Identify and discuss the categories of drugs used to treat various cardiac conditions.
5. Discuss how to recognize the signs and symptoms of transposition of the great arteries in infants and the care and management of infants and children with this condition.
6. Discuss the impact of a congenital heart defect on a child's life and on the lives of their family.