Trinity Homes Implements Flu-Related Restrictions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: January 18th, 2018
Contact/Phone: Mary Muhlbradt
(701) 857-5116, Fax: (701) 857-5683
All Press Releases
(MINOT, ND)— In response to the increase in flu activity in the region, Trinity Homes has implemented visitation restrictions effective immediately. The restrictions include:
• All visits to residents of the long-term care facility are suspended unless absolutely necessary.
• Children will not be permitted to visit during these restrictions.
Brenda Lokken, Director of Infection Control, says Trinity Homes is experiencing an outbreak of influenza as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for long-term care facilities. According to the CDC, an outbreak is at least two confirmed cases of influenza, plus other residents with symptoms.
“Due to the vulnerability of Trinity Homes residents to influenza, we’re asking people not to visit for their health and for the health and safety of our residents,” Lokken said. “Someone can ‘feel healthy’ and still expose their loved one to the virus. We hope that people will observe these restrictions until further notice.”
Group activities within Trinity Homes, including groups coming in from the outside, have been temporarily suspended. In addition, staff is stepping up care precautions to help control and prevent transmission of the illness.
Trinity Health also reminds people to practice hand and cough hygiene by doing the following:
• Cover coughs and sneezes.
• Put your used tissue in the waste basket.
• Consider wearing a facemask to protect others if your cough/sneezing continues.
• Wash hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your face and rubbing your eyes.
Lokken says with the amount of influenza circulating in the community, it is not too late to get a flu shot. The vaccine is available at any of Trinity’s three walk-in vaccination sites: Trinity Health South Ridge, 1500 24th Ave. SW; Health Center – Town & Country, 831 South Broadway; and Health Center – Medical Arts, 400 Burdick Expressway E.
http://www.trinityhealth.org/index.php?page=pressrelease&story=Trinity%20Homes%20Implements%20Flu-Related%20Restrictions SPACE index.php