Trinity Homes Implements Flu-Related Restrictions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: March 3rd, 2017
Contact/Phone: Mary Muhlbradt
(701)857-5116, Fax: (701)857-5683
All Press Releases
(MINOT, ND)— In response to the increase in flu activity in the region, Trinity Homes has implemented visitation restrictions effective immediately. The restrictions include:
• All visits to residents of the long-term care facility are suspended unless absolutely necessary.
• Children will not be permitted to visit during these restrictions.
“Due to the vulnerability of Trinity Homes residents to influenza, we’re asking people not to visit for their health and for the health and safety of our residents,” said Brenda Lokken, Director of Infection Control. “We hope that people will observe these restrictions until further notice.”
With 230 beds, Trinity Homes is one of North Dakota’s largest long-term care facilities, with comprehensive services, including a fully-staffed Activities Center. Lokken says that in light of the influenza illness, all group activities have been curtailed within and outside groups have been temporarily suspended.
Trinity Health also reminds people to practice hand and cough hygiene by doing the following:
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Put your used tissue in the waste basket.
• Consider wearing a facemask to protect others if your cough/sneezing continues.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
Lokken adds it’s important to get a flu shot and to stay home if you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
http://www.trinityhealth.org/index.php?page=pressrelease&story=Trinity%20Homes%20Implements%20Flu-Related%20Restrictions SPACE index.php